Friday, May 16, 2008

Classin' up pizza night

We all love cheap beer and fine malt liquor, but once in a while you want something with a little more flavor. Now the people at your local Raley's grocery bring you...



Poppy Cellars Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon!

Only $4 a bottle, every day.

The free publication Raley's distributes says they're good wines for sangria (I haven't yet tried their recipes), but I've found that at least the Zinfandel is good for everyday drinking. It's pretty dry, but there are good, strong, juicy red fruit flavors in there. The label recommends drinking it with pizza, and it goes well with a lot of spicy Mexican foods.

I found it very prominently displayed next to the produce at the Raley's in West Sacramento on West Capitol Blvd., but I imagine it's pretty easy to spot at other locations as well. So if you're looking for a good, casual bottle of wine that costs about as much as a burger or a fancy latte, try it out, maybe see if it's your thing. I'll sure be enjoying it this summer.

1 comment:

Melanie G. said...

I love that it's recommended with pizza! Great find, Morgan!